Tuesday, March 1, 2011

60 days!




I just turned down a donut. Yep, something is wrong. :) It was free even. Well, I am trying to keep my eyes on the prize. I am 60 days from my first half marathon. I will be running the Kentucky Derby Half Marathon on April 30th. I am super excited. I am getting some new shoes to break in this weekend, I feel like my workouts are back on track, and I think I have made some diet modification. Notice I said, MODIFICATION. I have to say that as I need to confess that I have had one mountain dew two days in a row. But TODAY, starts the 60 day count down.


I have always been nothing but honest and upfront with you all, so here are my current stats and goals. I ran the marathon relay last April weighing 274. I currently weigh, by my home scales, 281. So I yo-yo'ed 10lbs or so over the year. My goal is to lose about 3.3 pounds a week from here on so that I can be down to 250 by race day. THAT would make my day a win right there. My goal race time is to be under 3 hours. I think that is a 'safe' goal, so my aim high goal is to complete the race in 2:48:00, which would mean a 12 minute mile average.



Thanks for your encouragement and support. 60 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment